Today I’m discussing an amazing tool that is used by serious social media marketers everywhere, Simply Measured. I’m talking to Ron Schott, the Director of the Professional Services Team at Simply Measured. This tool helps big brands and small companies alike reap the benefits of social media by understanding their analytics and planning future social media tactics based on the measuring and reporting that Simply Measured provides. The tool also has the ability to track competitors and market sectors, plus so much more. These are the kinds of tools I’m excited to introduce you to and conversations I can’t wait to have at the Social Tools Summit in just a few weeks.
Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | RSS
In This Episode:
- Simply Measured is a Platinum sponsor of the Social Tools Summit and will be there giving invaluable advice to attendees
- Simply Measured is a leading social media analytics tool
- Ron Schott will be on the Business Value of Social panel at the Social Tools Summit
- Ron is the director of the Professional Services team at Simply Measured – he does a lot of customization and data integration work and is invested in giving people a deeper look at social marketing
- Social Media ROI comes down to the KPIs, the metrics, the analytics, and the measuring
- Talking about the difference between analytics and publishing is one of the first things Simply Measured does with new clients, and they start with measuring and planning
- Planning social media is the part where Simply Measured can make the biggest impact: The data that is accumulated with Simply Measured can be used to plan what the next steps are for your social media, rather than just reporting on what happens after the fact
- Spend money and time on things that drive the biggest ROI for your company – and you need to figure out what those are
- Tracking competitors is a great way to see how you are doing in your market or vertical, and Simply Measured brings in data from the market
- People are looking at business goals and social goals and the customization team at Simply Measured can tie those in
- A number of larger publishing clients of Simply Measured use their tools to figure out what type of stories are driving the most interactions and page views, and also what type of social content is better driving those stories
- Instagram and Pinterest reporting have gotten more and more robust in recent months
- Simply Measured released the ability to measure Facebook presence globally across multiple fan pages within an organization
- Their Facebook ad and Twitter ad products are evolving and the reporting has grown
- Simply Measured has a great blog, with content that will get you hooked
- They regularly publish ebooks and reports filled with stats and data – the free reports can help create benchmarks for your company
- Tweet questions @simplymeausured during the Social Tools Summit or ask questions in person at the event
Resources & Links:
- Check out some takeaways from a report on Instagram by Simply Measured.
- Simply Measured is just one of a number of awesome tools you can use to understand social media traffic.
- Learn more about Business ROI and why measuring social media is important.
- Speaking of measuring, here are some Twitter hashtag analytical tools you might be interested in.
- How to get started using Pinterest as a business.
- See Ron speak at the upcoming Social Tools Summit!