Today I want to talk about how to reach out to social media influencers, bloggers, and anyone else you want to cover your story. It’s important to remember that these social media influencers are busy people, and you’re asking them to take time to use your product, and maybe even tweet or write about it – time isn’t free! Listen in to learn how to build a connection, what you can and should offer them, and how to make the relationship last by involving them in your content and programs.
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/maximizeyoursocial/sbu_ep120.mp3″ title=”How to Reach Out to Social Media Influencers and Bloggers – Podcast Ep. 120″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” social_linkedin=”true” social_stumble=”true” social_pinterest=”true” social_email=”true” ]
Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | RSS
In This Episode:
- We just had our second Social Tools Summit in October in San Francisco
- I published a new ebook all about maximizing your Linkedin for business
- I also wrote the foreword for a new book from Sociabble all about employee advocacy
- Social media gives you the ability to listen and engage with anybody else that’s on social media, whether they’re influencers or average people
- People who are blogging are busy people
- 99% of the time, you’re going to be lumped together with all the other people that are reaching out to those influencers
- Asking people to tweet or write is asking people for their time, and time is not free
- Let’s stop pitching every blogger on any and every product or press release you have
- You have to connect with any influencers on social media; Go to their profiles and follow and like every profile they have on every platform they’re on
- You have to build a rapport, comment, engage
- Look for deeper connections that make it easier for you to engage
- When you reach out, give them something – a free copy of whatever book, a free sample of whatever product – and don’t expect anything in return
- If they wouldn’t use your tool, then they’re not relevant for your brand
- Get their feedback! Any feedback you can get from these people of influence is going to be as valuable if not more so than any tweet they could put out there
- Once they’ve had your tool or product for a little while, do a follow up and see how they like it, or if they need any tips
- If they publish something, you want to promote the heck out of it to your network
- Include this influencer as a brand ambassador and remember it’s a long term relationship: send them your next product, include their content in your own content, maybe even bring them on as a guest blogger, include them in a formalized program
Resources & Links:
- Learn more about my newest ebook, Maximizing Linkedin for Business.
- Listen to my episode about guest blogging and respecting content and the content creators.
- Ready to build an influencer program to reach out to social media influencers? Start with these six strategic steps.
- Build relationships with your social media influencers with these 12 tactics.
- Once you’re working with some great social media influencers, incorporate them into your blogging strategy.
Check Out All of My Podcasts!
[smart_podcast_player social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” social_linkedin=”true” social_stumble=”true” social_pinterest=”true” social_email=”true” ]