This week on the podcast, I’m sharing a new project with you. In my social media consulting business, I get very broad and occasionally vague requests all the time, and there’s just no way I can help every person that reaches out. So I’ve decided to repackage the content I create for trainings and make it available to more people. The first version of this is a 9-day online video workshop, complete with videos, worksheets, and a forum where I can chat with you. In this week’s episode you can learn more about why I’m starting this project, what this first version will be all about, and how you can join the party – with a 50% discount – by accessing my Content Marketing for Social Workshop here.
Let me give you a deeper dive into my thought process above and beyond my podcast recording.
Leveraging Social Media to Get Measurable Results
Social media can be a tricky fish to fry. Sometimes, a post will get a lot of attention while others make you wonder if anyone is even looking, let alone clicking. Figuring out what makes one post work and another tank can rustle even the most seasoned social media marketer; I can only imagine how frustrating it can be for business owners.
It is easy to push social media down the list of priorities, especially when you are not able to reliably use it to drive sales. Too often, it is an afterthought and a project that is handed off to an intern to handle which only makes it less reliable.
Leveraging Social Media
On the other hand, ignoring the power of social media is only giving your competitors an easy way to get ahead. By understanding how to use social media the right way and learning the best practices for each network, you can leverage this powerful tool to bring tangible, measurable results.
The key to making social media work for you is understanding the different platforms, finding the right audience, using the right content in the right places, and measuring the results of your efforts. To help businesses get the tools they need to succeed, I’ve developed a 9-day workshop that covers everything you need to know to get results from social media.
Here are just a few things you’ll be able to do:
- See how social media has evolved from a place to connect with old friends to the first place many people go for news and product information–and why this is important for marketers.
- Find the right social network for your brand and locate your target audience.
- Understand the different types of content including videos, photos, images, infographics, and blended content.
- Find out what types of content resonate with your audience and how to use the right content in the right places to boost engagement.
- Understand the stigma behind paid advertising in social media and learn how use paid advertising to boost your reach exponentially.
- Measure the results of your efforts so you know when to fold and when to double down.
You’ll also learn how to curate content so you can have a steady supply of content for your social media networks without having to reinvent the wheel every day. I’ll also introduce you to a few secret weapons of social media marketing including tools that will help you do more with less so you’ll always have a jump on the competition.
Staying Ahead of the Competition
Don’t let your frustrations give your competitors the upper hand. With the right information, you can implement a strategy that will deliver measurable results. We’ll even show you how to measure those results so you know it is working!
Register for my workshop today, and enjoy a 50% discount off the total price. With your registration, you’ll also gain access to a community of marketers just like you along with a few seasoned veterans. That way you can ask questions and get feedback about your specific strategies. I look forward to seeing you there!
Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | RSS
In This Episode:
- I get some very broad requests for social media help, and I decided I’m going to use that to help me scale my social media consulting business to help more people
- People ask me questions about reaching new audiences, and marketing their products, and I think it’s important to first clarify your objectives as a business
- Because social media is so intertwined in your business, it’s easy for social media consulting to become business consulting
- If you’re going to use social, and you absolutely should, you need to have a process in place in order to test, measure, and optimize what you do on various platforms
- In order to reach and help coach more people, I have a new plan: to take the content I’ve created for my corporate clients and trainings, and repackage it so that it’s available to more people
- The first step in this direction is a new 9-day online video workshop called Content Marketing for Social, available on popexpert.com
- I want to talk about the methodology behind my choosing the subject of content marketing in social media and give you a summary of what this workshop is like
- At this point, we know that content is a game changer, it’s a way companies can level the playing field
- There’s a lot of different types of content, you have to be aware of where your audience is and what makes the most sense for your product
- You have to develop content in a way that understands that social media was made for people not for businesses, and you have to appeal to those sensibilities
- Again, you don’t have to create the content yourself! It’s invaluable to access the content that others are creating and use it as part of your strategy, especially if it’s created by your brand advocates
- I just did the Social Tools Summit, and there are some incredible tools of the trade out there that you should be using – tools can help you not only create better content, but also manage and measure your social media more effectively
- You have to decide which platforms to invest your time in
- Paid social has become mainstream now, so use it
- Then you have to put all of this together, and measure the ROI
Resources & Links:
- Click here to get a 50% off discount off of my new Content Marketing for Social Workshop
- Read the blog post all about where to focus your social media efforts in 2015.
- And then listen to the podcast for more detail.
- You don’t have to create all of your content. Learn how content curation can drive traffic.
- Don’t be afraid to use tools! Post Planner can help you curate content.
- Learn more about the power of visual content in social media marketing.