In today’s episode, I’m talking about consistency and why it’s so important in social media. You’d be amazed at how often I still get asked questions like, “How do you get a significant following?” “How do you build engagement?” “How do you get more ROI?” It’s all about consistency, being reliably engaged, sharing content, posting, liking, and following. This is how, over time, you build a larger and engaged audience for you and your business.
[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/maximizeyoursocial/2014-09-16T15_19_46-07_00.mp3″ title=”The Importance of Consistency (and How It Relates to Paid Social) in Social Media – Podcast Ep. 78″ social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” social_linkedin=”true” social_stumble=”true” social_pinterest=”true” social_email=”true” ]
Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | RSS
In This Episode:
- With any social network, you don’t win fans right out of the gate, it takes time
- Not only does it take time, but you have to be consistent over time! If you are present and active and then disappear for any amount of time, you will lose those benefits that you got
- Public communities have so many users, and once you engage with them, if you’re not consistent it will negatively affect you
- You have to be consistent not just about posting, but about engaging with new followers, retweeting and rewarding people that are already talking about your brand, about following new people
- You can’t just put your message out there and hope that someone hears it, you have to tap on someone else’s shoulder and tell them directly
- Your own engagement with others will increase others’ engagement with you over time, it’s a tumbleweed effect
- People tend to be attracted to the role models that you want to emulate, and then you can become one of those role models
- The larger your presence becomes, it feeds upon itself, the numbers will grow exponentially as you grow
- We have the advent of paid social, which basically accelerates our efforts, right?
- Using paid social to supplement your consistency can be really beneficial
- Let’s be honest though, there is something to be said for gaining a following organically
- Only promote posts that have already gotten great feedback from your posts
- Paid social is a shortcut, but that absolutely does not mean you should use any black hat techniques or buy bots or anything like that
- Use paid social in an authentic, complementary way
- It really comes from having consistency in the right network with the right branding and the right content that will engage the right people
- There’s credibility in longevity; it’s not a sprint, it’s a marathon, and there is a tipping point
Resources & Links:
- Read about some more social media best practices.
- Content curation is a great way to interact and post regularly. Read about 3 free content curation tools.
- Want more engagement and sharing on Facebook? Make sure your posts vary in type of content.
- Another way to grow your following? Social media ambassadors.
- Check out these tips to help build your Instagram following.
Check Out All of My Podcasts!
[smart_podcast_player social=”true” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_gplus=”true” social_linkedin=”true” social_stumble=”true” social_pinterest=”true” social_email=”true” ]