Today I’m talking with Glenn Gaudet, the CEO and Founder of GaggleAMP. This tool helps companies and social media manager create employee advocates within their companies, and makes it easy for employees to share company-created social posts. We discuss how employee advocacy has grown, and how you can get started doing employee advocacy if you haven’t tried it yet. Glenn will be present at the Social Tools Summit in just a few weeks and also hosts AMPlify, the employee advocacy conference, directly after the Social Tools Summit in Boston.
Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher | SoundCloud | RSS
In This Episode:
- How Neal had the inspiration to start the Social Tools Summit.
- Employee Advocacy means a lot of things to a lot of people. How do we get employees to get involved with online marketing activities?
- There are lots of ways to leverage employees. You just have to make it easy for them.
- The challenge for companies is that you spend a lot of time creating content, but you won’t have enough eyes on that content to create a tipping point.
- The employees can take a tweet and retweet it, which will amplify that potential audience.
- A lot of employees are scared to post on social media because they think they will get fired for it.
- Many people think in terms of an all or none scenario. You don’t need to get 5,000 people involved in the concept of being an employee advocate.
- Think about doing a staged approach to employee advocacy.
- You want to try things out first and see what messaging works, so roll it out slowly.
- Start really small: begin with 0.5% of your company and start them on a employee advocate training.
- Training and education is important for employees – but you still need to make it easy for employees.
- How people use GaggleAMP – stories of how customers have used the tool.
- People have seen an uptick in sales and savings by using GaggleAMP.
- Social Media can be a better play than advertising for many companies.
- What people can do who have not yet tried employee advocacy.
- Try it out first and get the feedback from the employees.
- Neal’s experience using GaggleAMP.
- If nothing else, you are going to get some data when you try GaggleAMP.
- GaggleAMP has added “actions” to their tools, that were added because of customer suggestions.
Resources & Links:
- Learn how GaggleAMP can help you.
- How to find and hire Social Salespeople.
- Why Employee Advocacy is the final frontier of Social Media marketing.
- Reasons why you should begin employee advocacy on LinkedIn.
- More promotion and distribution tips for Social Media.